Taking care of your extensions
Washing + Conditioning
Washing and conditioning should always be done with professional hair care products your stylist recommends. This is your first line of defense against damage and tangles. Be sure to follow these guidelines when washing your hair extensions:
- Be sure to brush before showering to ensure all the tangles are out.
- Always try to dry the roots of your hair extensions every time you wash.
- No need to wash everyday, 2-3 times a week is plenty, dry shampoo is a girl’s best friend.
- When you do wash don’t be afraid of the roots. You won’t pull them out we promise, wash all over your scalp to the ends.
Blowdrying + Styling
Blowdrying and styling are fine and can be done just like your natural hair. Just be sure to do these things to keep damage at bay:
- Always use a blow dry heat protecting spray and oil on the extensions BEFORE drying.
- Try not to use heat on the extensions more than 3-4 times a week.
- Always apply oil everyday even when dry.
- Be sure to use a wet brush or scalp master brush when brushing the extensions as to not snag the root.
Extensions + Sleeping
Sleeping with hair extensions in is super easy:
- Always wear it in a braid, pony, or bun. You will thank us later when you aren’t ripping through tangles in the morning.
- Try a satin pillow case if your natural hair tangles easily.
Working out is nothing to worry about just try not to wear tight headbands and ponytails for extended periods of time.
Tape-ins are a special one when it comes to using heavy conditioners. Try not to use heavy or oily conditioners/stylers at the root where they attach to your hair. This can cause them to come out.
At the Beach or Pool
Please follow these instructions exactly. Chlorine or salt water are very damaging to extensions of all kinds. NEVER EVER let your extensions flow freely or unbound in any way in chlorine or salt water, this will result in a tangled mess that will not come undone. When you are going to be in pools or at beaches, hair extensions just require a bit of prep:
- Wet hair in a shower or with clean fresh water.
- Apply conditioner and leave in.
- Apply oil from ears down.
- Place hair in a low pair of braids, twists or ponytails. You can do one or two.
- At this point wear all day until done with pools or beaches.
- DO NOT remove braids or twists till you are in the shower and they have been rinsed in fresh water.
- Shampoo and condition like normal and follow styling tips from above.